Sustainable business practices for a sound environment and reduced consumption of resources
Making the best use of resources – this is an important part of our responsibility to the environment. For the Rudolph Logistics Group this means that we:
- Avoid unnecessary consumption of resources
- Reduce the quantity of resources that are used
- Recycle residual and waste products as much as possible
We are definitely not yet perfect in how we make use of resources. But our approach is to make use of every measure that we can that contributes to protecting and preserving the environment.
What do we do concretely? Here you can find an overview of the measures we are taking:
In Germany, we guarantee that our guidelines for new logistics building projects specify that properties fulfill the so-called Gold Standard of the German Sustainable Building Council e.V. (DGNB).
For the American market, we make use of the LEED certification which sets the standard for the development and planning of "green buildings".
- New model vehicles: The average age of our European vehicle fleet is max. 2.5 years
- More than 90 percent of the tractor trucks already fulfill the EURO 6 standard
- Avoidance of empty runs
- Use of electric cars for short hauls
With these measures we reduce the use of fuel and lower the amount of emissions.
- Short leasing intervals for forklifts make it so that only new models are in use in our logistic centers
- In addition, we are using driverless transport systems to optimize processes
- We are also participating in a pilot project using fuel cell forklifts
- Reduced energy consumption through the use of motion sensors, automatic timers and low-energy light bulbs
- Environmentally friendly and energy-efficient IT products (regular leasing replacements)
- Lighting concepts designed to reduce energy costs (e.g. LED, triple circuits)
- Reduction of paper use
- Strict waste reduction and waste separation
- Transport packaging, cardboard packaging and filling material are recycled and returned to the resource cycle
- Use of hazardous substances is reduced as much as possible